The amount of CBD you should take depends on a range of factors:
- your body weight
- what you are taking CBD for
- your individual body chemistry
- your tolerance to cannabinoids
- the severity of the situation
- the concentration of the CBD you are taking
- full spectrum vs isolate
It is important to consult with your hemptender before trying CBD.
Since there are so many variables to consider when considering your dose of CBD, it normally ends up becoming a bit of an experimentation process. This process is called self titration. It is a general rule to start with a small dose of CBD and work your way up.
This could mean starting with a dose of 10-20 mg of CBD a day and, after a week, increasing the dose by 5 mg.
CBD is non-intoxicating (doesn’t get you stoned) and is a very safe and natural substance. The purpose of starting small and working your way up is important because the body can develop a tolerance to cannabinoids. In order to get the most out of CBD you should take as little as possible to get the desired effects.
In order to self titrate, it is important to understand how the different delivery methods affect the body. For example, feeling the effects of CBD by smoking Hemp Flower kicks in very differently than eating a CBD edible.
- Inhaling CBD
- Smoking or Vaping
- Normally “kicks in” right away or 2 – 3 min
- Impossible to figure out how many mg taken. Some of the CBD burn up, some is exhalled, etc. Since the effects “kick in” right away people don’t normally “take too much”.
- “Kick in” anywhere from 45 min – 2 hours.
- Absorption rate: about 60%
- Easy to decipher how many mg consumed.
- Sublingual Drops
- Meant to be dropped under the tongue, held there for several min, and swallowed. If done correctly effects could “kick in” in about 20 -30 min.
- Very easy to decipher how many mg consumed.
- Normally a lotion, cream, or balm.
- Does not enter blood stream.
- Non-psychoactive / does not affect mood.
- Normally used to help with pain or inflammation.
- Effects “kick in” very quickly…. 1 to 2 min
Understanding these different methods of ingestion can help speed up the long and slow self titration process.
- CBD Capsules 14
- CBD Concentrates 1
- CBD Edibles 9
- CBD for Pets 9
- CBD Hemp Cigarettes 3
- CBD Hemp Flower 1
- CBD Syrup 3
- CBD Tinctures (Sublingual Drops) 10
- CBD Topicals 8
- CBD Vape Cartridges 3
- CBD Vape Pens Disposable 2
- Decarboxilator 1
- Glass Pendants 9
- Glass Pipes 6
- Glass Water Pipes 13
- Infusion Botanical Extractor 2
- Vape Cart Batteries 3
- Vaporizers Concentrate 6
- Vaporizers Dry Herb 8