11 Oct CBD Dosage: How Much Should You Take?
Ok! You bought your brand new bottle of CBD Oil. It says some milligram amount of the front of the bottle. You open it up and you find a dropper with ML measurements on it. What do you do now? How much should you take? What is the proper dosage for CBD oil?
The answer is…. “It is different for everybody!”
If you are looking to try CBD, for whatever reason, there is some info you will need to ensure you are taking it correctly.
Many people try CBD for the first time and pay no attention to the type of product, the credibility of the product, and the dosage that they take. In order to ensure you are taking the right amount you are going to need a little bit of education.
What Affects CBD Dosage?
The amount of CBD you should take depends on a range of factors:
- your body weight
- what you are taking CBD for
- your individual body chemistry
- your tolerance to cannabinoids
- the severity of the situation
- the concentration of the CBD you are taking
- full spectrum vs isolate
It is important to consult with your hemptender before trying CBD.
Since there are so many variables to consider when considering your CBD dosage, it normally ends up becoming a bit of an experimentation process. CBD interacts with the endocannabinoid system (ECS). Everyone has an ECS but everyone’s is different. We all react to cannabinoids in subtly different ways. Because of this, it is smart to start with a small dose of CBD and work your way up. This process is called self titration.
This could mean starting with a CBD dose of 10-20 mg of CBD a day and, after a week, increasing the dose by 5 mg. It is up to you how quickly you should increase your dose.
The smartest way to go through this process is slowly. So increasing your CBD dose by 5 mg at a time is a good way to do this. But if you are in more pain or more anxious than most people feel free to increase by 10 or even 20 mg at a time.
CBD is non-intoxicating (doesn’t get you stoned) and is a very safe and natural substance. The purpose of starting small and working your way up is important because the body can develop a tolerance to cannabinoids. In order to get the most out of CBD you should take as little as possible to get the desired effects.
There is no need for a CBD dosage calculator!!!! Don’t use them! Start off small and then build your way up! CBD is safe and has never harmed anyone. If you end up taking to much it is only going to make you tired. So feel free to go through the self titration process with no fear of any negative side effects.
In order to figure our the proper CBD dose it is important to learn to self titrate, it is important to understand how the different delivery methods affect the body. For example, feeling the effects of CBD by smoking Hemp Flower kicks in very differently than eating a CBD edible.
- Inhaling CBD
- Smoking or Vaping
- Normally “kicks in” right away or 2 – 3 min
- Impossible to figure out how many mg taken. Some of the CBD burn up, some is exhalled, etc. Since the effects “kick in” right away people don’t normally “take too much”.
- “Kick in” anywhere from 45 min – 2 hours.
- Absorption rate: about 60%
- Easy to decipher how many mg consumed.
- Sublingual Drops
- Meant to be dropped under the tongue, held there for several min, and swallowed. If done correctly effects could “kick in” in about 20 -30 min.
- Very easy to decipher how many mg consumed.
- Normally a lotion, cream, or balm.
- Does not enter blood stream.
- Non-psychoactive / does not affect mood.
- Normally used to help with pain or inflammation.
- Effects “kick in” very quickly…. 1 to 2 min
Understanding these different methods of ingestion can help speed up the long and slow self titration process. Which in turn will speed up figuring out your proper CBD dose.
Best Local CBD Store in Tampa Bay
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR DIFFERENT PRODUCT CATEGORIES
- Glass 19 products
- Hemp 58 products
- Infusions 2 products
- Vaporizers 12 products